By Zoner, Inc. INFO
[Search for similar] [All Publisher Products]
New Features and Improvements
Other New Features and Improvements
- Panorama Wizard
A tool for turning a group of partial photos of a vista into a panorama. The joining process is fully automated, and is divided into several small steps, making this tool great for beginners. You can correct inaccuracies in the automatic analysis manually, and control a number of settings for the joining of the images. The algorithm used can handle slightly rotated photos, so you can even use photos that were taken by hand rather than using a tripod. The wizard can also handle work with shots that have varying exposure values (i.e. from cameras that don't support exposure locking and white balance).
- 3D Image Wizard
This wizard helps you create pseudo-3D images, called anaglyphs, which appear to be in 3D when viewed through special glasses with red and blue lenses. A special algorithm in ZPS 8 analyzes two source images of an object from two different angles 6-7 cm apart (the typical distance between human eyes) and creates a stereoscopic image. A great advantage over other 3D photo makers is the entirely automatic seeking of points the two source images have in common, and thus precise joining even for images where the camera was inadvertently tilted, raised, or lowered between shots. This makes the time-consuming and annoying task of seeking the proper shot positionings by hand unnecessary. You can also manually correct the positions and rotations that ZPS found.
- Improved Web Galleries
Web galleries now support a tree structure and let you synchronize changes with a Web server without having to re-upload the entire album.
- PDF slideshows
The PDF format is a modern, comprehensive platform usable for sharing documents, including photo presentations, and meanwhile is safer than EXE slideshows. A PDF slideshow file can contain transition effects just like a traditional slideshow, and it can even have a soundtrack. To ensure that your audience is seeing and hearing the whole show, ensure they are using version 6 or higher of Adobe Reader.
- The Curves Tool
Histogram curves are among an experienced digital photographer's most important tools for getting perfect results when editing shots' exposure and toning. This filter is an essential aid for editing photos taken in extreme conditions.
- Tools in the Editor: Iron, Fill, and Paintbrush
Important tools for precise retouching work. The Iron tool is used to iron out detail problems in, for example, portrait photos. Use the Fill tool to fill in areas with a single color, and the Paintbrush tool to color in small areas.
The core of ZPS has been optimized significantly, and many operations have been sped up:
- faster startup;
- optimizations for computers that offer MMX and SSE (mainly faster supersampling);
- faster loading of EXIF information and of small previews from the RAW format;
- complete reworking of the thumbnail cache (lower memory demands, you can now resize the cache without emptying it, etc.);
- network optimizations - lower bandwidth demands, faster work with networks
- lower memory demands (GDI objects);
- interruptible loading of files in the Editor and during slideshows.
- Changes to the Interface
Several significant changes have been made to the interface:
- Filtering and searching by EXIF data (ISO, exposure time,
- you can now sort file listings based on any EXIF attribute;
- new menu technology in the Browser and Editor - they now behave like standard Windows menus;
- new "Windows" skin that respects your current Windows color scheme, fonts, and size settings;
- content-based thumbnails in the Browser for folders;
- a new Browser menu, Information, with all the commands for managing information in one place.
- pre-loading of image thumbnails up to the end of a folder;
- you can now rename files when collisions occur during copying;
- you can now visually compare images when deciding how to solve a name collision;
- improved keywords panel - faster adding of keywords, faster searching, and a Collapse All command;
- in the status bar and previews, variable text can now be emphasized with <b></b> (bold) a <i></i> (italics);
- improved status bar (overall count and file size);
- improved indication of ongoing searches and easier canceling of searches;
- custom sorting expanded to also include folders.
- you can now define your own list of ratios and fixed sizes in the crop tool;
- all tools and filters now respect the active selection;
- new zoom level option, "shorter side" (great for viewing panoramas);
- display of active focusing points for unedited photos from Canon DSLRs;
- areas can now be added to/subtracted from a selection with varying levels of blurring (previously only one blurring level per picture)
- improved display of selections in the Editor (now respects selection blurring);
- zoom can now be locked against changes to zoom level when moving among pictures.
- Work with Information
- Batch EXIF Editing:
- variable text can be used to get information from EXIF, etc.
- batch date shifting (e.g. when you've left daylight savings time on by mistake)
- values can be selected from a list of most recently entered values;
- Picture ratings can be assigned in the Editor and Browser directly - from a menu or even using keyboard shortcuts;
- image information - values can be selected from a list of most recently assigned values;
- the saving and conversion dialogs provide a broader selection of how much picture information to save (all, EXIF only, EXIF only without thumbnail, image itself only)
- now possible to prevent the saving of keywords to the EXIF description field;
- now possible to prevent the loading of keywords from IPTC data (e.g. when character encoding problems occur);
- accompanying files (external audio, EXIF backups, etc.) are now appropriately renamed during batch renaming;
- accompanying files (audio, EXIF backups, etc.) are now automatically copied during file operations;
- new function for removing EXIF thumbnails;
- file list generation - new options that let you include folder names in the output.
- Graphics Filters and Effects
- text in image - font size and position can be defined relative to the image size (in percent);
- antivignetting expanded to support the entering of a radius-based mask;
- the Levels filter and the Histogram function now respect your current selection in the Editor;
- Add Grain filter (an effect simulating low-sensitivity film);
- Gradient Map filter
- new options in the de-interlacing dialog;
- Canvas Size function;
- New "three lines" option for the Canvas and Borders function.
- zoom level for slideshows can now be changed;
- fast switching from the Slideshow to the Editor (via a context menu or the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Enter);
- quick transition from the Editor to a slideshow (F3, Ctrl+Enter, or File | Switch to Slideshow);
- File Formats
- support for files in the RAW subformats produced by the latest Canon cameras;
- Copy/move from device - support for the latest Canon cameras;
- support for thumbnails and for display of picture information added for two new RAW subformats: DNG (Digital Negative) and PEF (Pentax);
- added support for opening large thumbnails from the NEF files produced by Nikon D70 and D70s cameras;
- support for "float" for the TIFF and PSD formats from Adobe Photoshop CS2
- support for loading of color profiles and of XMP data from PSD files;
- loading of small thumbnails from TIFF and PSD files.
- support for EPSON Print Image Matching III;
- media archive - recursive conversion of shortcuts into "real" files;
- new envelopes;
- new wallpaper types (Fit and Stretch Proportionally) for the Wallpaper function
- thumbnail loading is now supported when downloading from a camera.
MSIE 4.01+ browser, 300+ MHz processor, 64 MB memory, 70 MB disk, 800x600 HighColor display
Zoner Barcode Studio v2
Zoner Draw v5
Zoner GIF Animator v5
Zoner Photo Studio Professional v8